FOCUS ON FEATURES – Episode 9
Site Costs – If you want your Tiny House connected semi-permanently, there will be some associated site costs involved after your Tiny House is delivered.
Site costs will include a variety of things depending on your site, your council and the way you want to live in your Tiny House. Here are a few things that may pop up:
• Water tank and pump
• Grey water set-up
• Solar panels, batteries etc.
• Foundations, blocks, fixings
• Resource Consent fees
• Sewer connection permit
• Electrician – to either connect to mains power, install a caravan point or assist with solar installation. Also, to install tv aerial if required
• Plumber to connect to water and sewer
• Gas fitter to connect gas bottles
• Timber for decking, pergola and/or privacy screens
• Roofing for pergola
• Site access eg. Removing trees and/or gates and fences to allow access for delivery
Other things to consider when budgeting for your new Tiny House are:
Furniture, curtains, mattress and/or bed bases, appliances if not included in the build contract.
We are very fortunate that our Kauri build clients have offered to share the costs they incurred with us. Please see the breakdown here, which will give you a great picture of costs they incurred so you can allow for them in advance.
Get in touch I you would like to discuss further for your site.